Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's a Soupy Kind Of Winter

This time of the year really makes me want a piping hot bowl of soup. I've found some amazing recipes from Pinterest that I'm dying to share! My favorites have been a Rachel Ray chicken lime soup, and another yummy Mexican style soup called albondigas soup (meatball soup). Both are way simple, and only take 30-40 minutes, perfect for week-night meals.

I should also have this delicious recipe for carnitas on here, but alas it didn't get to try it. I was so excited to make this, because the recipe sounded amazing! I got up early on a Wednesday so I could brown my pork shoulder and insert slivers of garlic all over it, then added the shoulder and other ingredients to the crock pot and went to work. I thought about that damn thing all day...about how good it was going to smell when I got home, and about how amazing the slivers of garlic inside the shoulder would be...but when I got home, there was no smell.

I dropped my stuff at the door and briskly walked to the kitchen because deep down I knew something was horribly wrong...only to discover, the screen on the crock pot was black. Found out the power went off at 8AM that day...just 30 minutes after I left from work...F*&%! I was so pissed. I did get my carnitas, however because my mouth was absolutely SET on eating them...had to go to a restaurant, but they were still good.

I'm still in mourning over that hunk of destined to be delicious meat. Curse you, freak occurring power outage...
Here is the recipe if anyone wants to try it and rub in my face how amazing it is--->Carnitas in a crock pot

Albondigas Soup recipe from userealbutter.com <---click there

Chicken Lime Soup from RachelRay.com <---Click there

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment