Monday, June 25, 2012

Marinated Heirloom Tomatoes in a Sweet Walnut Vinaigrette

I had the most amazing wine tasting experience near Santa Barbara a couple weekends ago. Not only was the wine amazing, but we got a special treat when we went olive oil tasting at this cute little place in Los Olivos, called Global Gardens. Honestly, that was my favorite part! I fell in love with the fig infused balsamic vinegar and all of the first cold pressed artisan olive oils, but my heart belongs to the nutty, savory walnut oil. This stuff is to die for!

When I came home that weekend to find ripe tomatoes in my garden I was excited to start experimenting with the nutty oil and sweet tomatoes! The pairing is perfect, and along with some red wine vinegar it stimulates every taste bud.

Sweet Walnut Vinaigrette
1/2 cup Walnut Oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard (if you're nasty...*Janet Jackson reference, not actually nasty)
1 clove garlic
2 tsp parsley
2 tsp thyme

Mix ingredients in a small bowl or mason jar, throw in some tomatoes and let marinade for 1 or more hours, then serve. Oh, how I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE summer.

Check out this tomato from my garden! It's of the Hillbilly heirloom variety. <3


2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy...I may have to try this over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog you have here.. It's hard to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!

    Also visit my page :: Http://Www.Brenelltraining.Com/

    ReplyDelete