Friday, May 6, 2011

Lick The Bowl Kind Of Good

Summer is almost here! Time to get your mouth ready for all the lovely little gems of Summer. Soon it will be time to grub on fresh tomato and basil bruschetta, sauteed squash, and grilled corn on the cob. My little garden is in full bloom and is just teasing me with the promise of robbing them of their goodies. All except my strawberries...they are kind of the whore of my garden right now.

I have strawberries galore from my little strawberry patch in the backyard. So much so that I am forced to get creative...which in this case has resulted in the most perfect, easy, fast dessert/snack imaginable! Ok, this may sound weird for some who have never thought of pairing sweet with sour, but I made balsamic syrup and drizzled it over ripe, sliced strawberries. It's a party in your mouth, an orgy of flavor, a mouthgasm...I should stop. But really, it's a slightly tangy, almost citrusy syrup that compliments strawberries so very well. Here's what you do for the syrup:

The Mouthgasm:
Sliced Strawberries
& Sweet Balsamic Syrup

2 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (use the cheap stuff!)
1/4 cup sugar

Add vinegar and sugar to a small pan on high heat. Bring to boil. Boil and stir for 3 minutes, your liquid should start looking syrupy and should coat the back of your spoon. If it doesn't, boil for a little longer. Let cool, then drizzle over sliced strawberries. Enjoy!

Ridiculously easy, and so good. You're welcome :D

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. Thank you, Candice. I have all the ingredients including the cheap stuff. Guess what I'm having for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete